A&D is a leading designer and manufacturer of blood pressure monitors, telemedicine sensors, home health monitoring technology, scales, balances and other precision measuring devices for a variety of applications. We are recognized as an innovative technology-based company with a reputation for high performance quality products which include: Electronic Balances, Digital Scales, Weighing Indicators and Controllers, Load Cells and Non Destructive Measurement Equipment. Our connected and wireless products span into several markets, including consumer wellness, disease management, professional/provider, and government. A&D is the leader in delivering wireless monitoring products to the Telehealth - remote patient monitoring market.
We currently have an opening for a dependable Credit Manager to be located in our San Jose, CA office.
The credit manager position is accountable for the entire credit granting process and collection. This includes the consistent application of a credit policy, periodic credit reviews of existing customers, and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential customers, with the goal of optimizing the mix of company. Oversees the analysis of accounts receivable, aging of accounts to determine overdue accounts and collection procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all facets of accounts receivable portfolio with minimal supervision.
- Able to maximize financial performance while recognizing the importance of the commercial environment.
- Extends credit lines based on existing limits of authority, and monitors customers for exposure control. Authorized to exceed assigned limits by based on personal interpretation of customer circumstances.
- Handles special credit arrangements and problem collection accounts
- Works directly with customers and other A&D personnel to effectively collect A/R portfolio while maintaining marketing focus.
- Initiates timely response to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Participates in, initiates, and/or updates credit and collection policies.
- Suspends credit privileges to customers as circumstances warrant. Negotiates payment arrangements to protect A&D receivable investment.
- Notifies Sales and Marketing of key events or circumstances that would affect ongoing marketing efforts of specific accounts.
- Has knowledge of business and contract law to permit document interpretation and creation to protect and enhance A&D's interest in its A/R investment. Reviews and provides input on contracts with major customers and outlines financial implication of terms and conditions
- Refers accounts to outside collection agencies and monitors the performance of the agency.
- Maintains relationships with local and national credit organizations that benefit A&D through visibility within the organizations.
- Arranges customer visits as warranted to resolve existing problems or promote A&D with the customer. These meetings may be with or without the participation of A&D sales representatives.
- Runs and verifies aging reports. Reviews accounts as warranted with the corporate Controller.
- Provides counsel to Director of Finance, Sales personnel and President relative to customer performance in credit and collections.