We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Credit Analyst manages a portfolio of accounts in accordance with established policies, practices and procedures in a manner that will result in maximum sales, sound receivables and the prompt conversion of receivables into cash with a minimum of past due accounts.
The Credit Analyst maintains working relationships with operating personnel of other departments concerned with the analyst’s accounts, primarily for the purpose of giving and obtaining information and working jointly on customer problems. They’re also in charge of initiating contacts and maintaining close, harmonious relationships with customers; following standard operating procedure in other outside contacts concerned primarily with obtaining and furnishing credit information.
Extension of Credit
- Applies the company’s credit and collection policies, practices and procedures to the credit requirements of a designated number of customer accounts within specified authority levels
- Generally have no direct subordinates, but exercises immediate day to day functional supervision over personnel assigned to the analyst’s portfolio of accounts
- Extends credit to customers in accordance with established policy and terms
- Analyzes requests for credit and plans investigations to be performed personally or by others
- Analyzes financial information, trade, bank, and credit reports. Ascertains security needed to maximize sales potential while protecting accounts receivables and presents recommendations to management. Performs analysis on new and periodically on existing accounts.
- Evaluates and makes independent decisions regarding credit limit increases or decreases, credit holds, and settlement negotiations within assigned authority levels
- Maintains and updates credit files, legal and government documents
- Makes field contacts and further investigations when necessary.
- Carries out the established program for the follow-up and collection of accounts receivable
- Monitors regularly account exposures and aging accounts and determines action to be taken on delinquent accounts
- Analyzes trends of high risk accounts, negotiating additional security and/or extended payment terms where necessary
- Works closely with other departments, particularly sales advertising, customer service and logistics to resolve customer discrepancies
- Visits accounts for collection purposes, reconciliation’s, security negotiations, financial strength evaluation and customer relations
- Compiles, interprets and prepares data used in management reporting. After the manager’s approval, submits reports to Corporate Credit Department
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.